Ivana has gone missing…
With her disappearance there begins a fantastical adventure for Professor Zoran Živković, author and teacher of creative writing. Assisted by Senior Inspector Sanja Mrvaljević of the Belgrade police, military counterintelligence, the National Security Agency and ultimately Interpol, the search for Ivana grows into a comic nightmare of unforeseen proportions. For why and how do a series of mysterious videos, in which Ivana plays the starring role, reach Professor Živković’s inbox, and why are their settings at once strangely familiar and unfamiliar? How will he escape the web of suspicion which weaves implacably about him, and will he and Ivana ever be reunited?
Once again, this time in the ultimate sense, Živković explores the trickeries and mysteries of the creative process, in a book that is gripping, hilarious, touching and more revealing than any he has yet written.
- …another quite successful variation on his familiar themes. … It’s another clever addition to an extensive library that should appeal particularly to book-lovers drawn to fiction that explores the interplay of writing, reading, and living.
—Michael Orthofer, The Complete Review
- …a farewell to creative writing in the form of a piece of creative writing linking all [Živković’s] earlier works into a vast creative meta-oeuvre. Most powerful in its paradoxical nature!
- …a very personal merging of heart and mind, of inspiration and the creative process, a moving portrait of an author’s vision of his own life and writing…. a combination of Roald Dahl charming and Jorge Luis Borges fabulist, all within the tradition of Middle-European Gogol/Bulgakov/Kafka fantastica.
Glenn Russell on Goodreads
- Pages: 208
- Trim size: 5″ x 8″ (127mm x 203mm), with dj
- List Price
- Cover: Youchan Ito （Togoru Art Works）