Impossible Stories II
Translated from Serbian by Alice Copple-Tošić
Zoran Živković’s second collection, bringing together a new set of fantastic, enthralling stories to delight you. Contains Four Stories Till the End, Twelve Collections, The Bridge, Amarcord, and Miss Tamara, the Reader.
- Živković masterfully filters memory and art through absurdism in this limited edition collection. …the collection, which neither has nor needs mainstream appeal; fans of Zivkovic’s unclassifiable quirkiness will quickly snap [it] up…
- …an elegant, perhaps even joyful, meditation on the existentialist’s main concern: if darkness shrouds the past, and darkness lies ahead, then what is the best response to this brief interval of light? Živković’s characters–all of whom with one exception have chosen, as the poet George Oppen wrote, “the meaning of being singular”–face their exits with curiosity and courtesy…
—Anil Menon, Strange Horizons
- The stories are consistently humorous yet concerned with a fairly grave subject, the afterlife. Only Peter S. Beagle’s work dazzles like Zivkovic’s.
—Ray Olson, Booklist
- Zivkovic rarely hits a wrong note or has a false step in the course of telling these stories, illustrating perhaps that sometimes a well-told tale just might still be one of the most effective ways of communication around.
—Larry Holmes, Blog of the Fallen
- Pages: 428
- Trim size
Hardcover: Trim size 5″ x 8″ (127mm x 203mm), with dj
- List Price: US$34.00
- Cover: Youchan Ito （Togoru Co.,Ltd.）